Aloe Vera gel has a lot of purposes. We started using it for healing burns, damaged skin, and even digestive problems centuries ago. That is why it came as no surprise to me when someone mentioned using Aloe Vera for acne. After all,
it has polysaccharides that are ideal for skin repair.
Does Aloe Vera help acne? Do we now have the million-dollar solution to this world-wide dilemma?
I am sorry to disappoint ladies and gentlemen but our quest for the most effective home remedies for acne does not end here. Does Aloe Vera cure acne? – Yes and no. Like I said, Aloe Vera has polysaccharides that serve as the building blocks for skin repair. So yes, Aloe Vera can help cure the wounds of acne by decreasing the inflammatory process and by helping eliminate or lessen the ugly scars that pimples leave behind. However, no, it does not cure acne per se. As is always mentioned by most experts, acne should be cured from the inside out and most topical agents cure only the symptoms of acne.
Even though Aloe Vera cannot cure acne, it does not make it completely useless. It is still extremely effective at healing acne wounds so take a pen and paper and take note of the following Aloe Vera acne tips:
This is what Aloe gel looks like up close. Credit to Matt Biddulph at Flickr for this great shot.
1. A routine to cleanse your face using Aloe Vera products. It is best to do it day and night. Regular use of Aloe Vera can significantly improve symptoms of acne.
2. Take a topical Aloe Vera gel and apply it on the heavily affected area. The gel works well as a spot treatment .The gel can also diminish swelling and redness from acne too.
3. Wash your face once in the morning and again in the evening using facial cleansers with Aloe Vera components. There are many soaps and cleansers that incorporate Aloe Vera in their products so make sure you choose one that is ideal for oily skin.
4. as a facial moisturizer you can use Aloe Vera acne cream and lotion. Regular moisturizing products usually promote oil production on the face but Aloe Vera moisturizers won’t.
5. You may also use Aloe Vera gel at night to serve as a facial mask. evenly and generously Spread it on your face before going to bed and let it stay overnight. In the morning, Wash it off with warm water.
You might be disappointed to know that Aloe Vera does not necessarily cure acne. But look at the brighter side of things; at least they can help you get rid of ugly scars.